Re: Verbs Again

I think the problem is common for both drafts.
You have to define a group of data to tell the netconf server which events to forward / filter (and for call home where to send them).
Do we want to do this with a edit-config and get or do we want new protocol operations ?

Balazs

Martin Bjorklund wrote:
"Sharon Chisholm" <schishol@nortel.com> wrote:
hi

If the working group gets too obsessed with architectural purity at the
expense of usability to the operators and management applications trying
to use an implementation of the protocol I think we are more in trouble.

I've suggested previously the following criteria before deciding whether
it was appropriate to create a new verb:

1. Is it possible to perform this with existing verbs without exploiting
data model side efforts or being ridiculously complicated?
2. Is this operation a management operation and if so does it make sense
for a management protocol to provide this function natively?

I think the argument for this verb falls more out of the second
question.

Are we still talking about <get-syslog-streams> from Phil's draft?
That's the verb that some us thought was better done as a data model
and <get> and <get-config>.

/martin

Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
TSP System Manager
ECN: 831 7320                        Fax: +36 1 4377792
Tel: +36-1-437-7320     email: Balazs.Lengyel@ericsson.com