Re: manager subscription model for notifications: usage survey

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:32:22PM -0400, David B Harrington wrote:

> At Enterasys, which focused on enterprise networks, we had a customer
> managing an 88000 node network with our snmp application. The size of
> managed networks is growing rapidly, so let's not constrain the
> network size too much (but let's not go add lots of features only
> useful in huge networks either).

Before I am getting impressed, I would love to know what "managing"
means, e.g. what the traffic exchanges between the 88000 nodes and the
single system(?) central manager are.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany