Re: manager subscription model for notifications: usage survey

Andy mentions 100-1000 devices. In Ericsson we have systems supervising up to 30000 devices. So we should aim somewhat higher with scalability. (Today these use other protocols, but they are a candidate for Netconf.)
Balazs

Andy Bierman wrote:
Hi,

I am having a hard time understanding how the
peer-to-peer manager subscribe model defined
in the notifications draft fits with syslog and
SNMP notifications already in use.

I think it would be wise to understand how the entire
managed system is going to work when netconf notifications
are added to the mix.   How will a network of 100 - 10000 devics
behave in various common failure scenarios?