Re: architecture and security

Hi -

No disagreement on this point, but I think it is quite a different one from
the claim that VACM causes management information to become
inconsistent.

> Talking about VACM: VACM fails by design when it comes to situations
> where the item you want to base your access control decision is not in
> the OID.  No, I am not asking for a VACM++ - this would only help in
> theory and make things worse in practice.

Again, no disagreement.  I think the issue for netconf is just what is
needed to do access control on a subscription, and whether the
possibility of changes to configuration or access control policy may
render inadequate a strategy of evaluating the access decision function
only at the time the subscription is created.

Randy