Re: again about interim

Dan,

I have to say that thus far I find arguments both for and against an
interim meeting unconvincing.  In my experience, the best use of an
interim is when you have clear questions to discuss - even if they're
big ones, whether to reuse SYSLOG or whether to use the same transport
connection or what if any data model should be used.  Having
presentations on the options is fair game, but there should be drafts
associated with those presentations so people can prepare.  We have none
of that yet but perhaps the lists that Sharon and Juergen are making
will crystallize soon...

On the other hand, I am flummoxed by the IESG's response.  If a WG has
those questions above, then if the chairs predict they'll need lots more
time to answer those questions than can be afforded during an IETF, why
should anybody insist on YET ANOTHER FLIGHT?  Some people must really
hate where they live.

Eliot