RE: Why are we doing netconf?

It also was intended to meet the needs of the operators as they were
scanned by 2001-2002. They told us then that they can leave well with
the alarms and performance monitoring mechanisms in SNMP, but consider
configuration by SNMP a dead horse.

So maybe the solution that we are looking for is not necessarily one
protocol to fit all sizes, sorry - management functions but a framework
where different protocols meet different functions, maybe even more than
one per function according to costs vs. complexity, linked together by
one access and security model.

This is a contributor view, in an discussion where all views are allowed
in the hope that they will converge some time in the future.

Dan