RE: Interim attendance survey

hi

We have historically not had much luck with requirements documents
(unless killing a working group can be considered success) or
requirements sections which is why they were not included in the draft.
If we wanted to start documenting requirements in parallel with
developing the notifications draft, that could potentially be
productive.

I believe that the list of requirements and a realistic assessment of
the likelihood of successfully updating legacy solutions (documents and
deployments) to meet those requirements (including alignment with
Netconf content) will support the general direction we are taking. If
people need to do the math on that and it helps get us more on the same
page, then that would be good.

Note though that I know of at least three different vendors that now
have non-interoperable solutions for doing notifications in Netconf. I'm
not sure how that serves the industry.

I'm not sure who's pushing standardizing notification content as our
next priority, but when I look at what to do after standardizing on the
messaging format (the goal of the current draft), access control and
*how* to specify content are pretty high up there for me.

Sharon