Re: Named Profiles for notification configuration (unofficial issue #16)

Sharon Chisholm wrote:
hi

<Andy>

We don't have opaque string data models.
We have vendors defining explicit XML data models
in their own namespace.  There is a difference.
</Andy>

To put this another way:

Among the very first standard objects for netconf
configuration should not be a standard pointer to
opaque proprietary extensions.  This somehow misses
the point of the whole standards thing.

Besides, this is XML, not SMI.
You don't need these objects anymore.
Just extend the RPC parameter set in your own namespace
any way you want.

Sharon

Andy