RE: Interim attendance survey [data model first]

Tom Petch wrote on 26 March at 2:34 PM:

> 2) but could become a 3) if the meeting was somewhere
> convenient like London,
> UK.
>
> I think it matters but not as much as getting the current XML
> straight, which
> seems to be taking an inordinate amount of effort, after
> which I would give
> higher priority to the data model.
>
> Tom Petch

I agree with David Perkins - notifications, subscriptions,
event aggregation, and event filtering are fascinating
topics.

However, I fail to see any compelling reason for NetConf
to reinvent the wheel once again and create yet another
notification protocol.

Standard data model is _far_ more important, IMHO.

I still maintain that "merge this blob with that blob" is
a wildly underspecified operation - so far, NetConf seems
to have provided the substrate for a number of entirely
vendor proprietary implementations that do not _by_design_
interoperate in any meaningful way - I'm astounded that
the IESG thought it was OK to invent yet another darned
configuration protocol with no standard data model(s).

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839