Re: Interim attendance survey

Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
As a contributor I would like the NETCONF notification work to continue
and be completed in time.
As AD and WG Area Advisor I would like to attend the meeting. However my
schedule is completely booked all May and the first days of June, until
6/5. Yet, my participation is not of condition for the meeting
happening. I prefer European venues to North-American ones.

Me too. But it's actually a policy (AFAIK) that interim meetings
take into consideration recent (and next) IETF locations and try
to be fair.  I also think we need to be practical, so I think
London would be a good location.  It might be easier with a local
host to setup the logistics (Simon and I are not located near London).

I'm not actually convinced yet this work matters enough to
the WG to be continued.  IMO, this is a "nice-to-have" feature
not a "must-have" (like a replacement for screen scraping CLI w/Expect).

For many WG members, a replacement for syslog is a "don't-need" feature.
Combine "don't-need" with "nice-to-have" and the outcome isn't very
surprising:

   -- very few people reviewed the draft
   -- very little agreement on the problem space
   -- no agreement on the solution

An interim meeting would be a last-ditch attempt to get consensus
started somewhere, before giving up.

Dan

Andy