Re: Notification Message Processing Model

Andy Bierman writes:
>The objection to this approach in the WG meeting was that off-the-shelf
>validation tools
>will not be able to work because they will be waiting for the </rpc-reply>
>before finishing the validation.  Hence the validation phase never ends.

What off-the-shelf validation tools?  The ones that understand the
<rpc-one-way> element?  If you are able to toss an <rpc-one-way>
element to your validator, you can toss a <notification> element
to one.  But given that the contents will likely just be a syslog
line, there's really no point.  It's just a line of text.  You hook
you incoming netconf channel up to a sax parser (or a pull parser)
and get ready for a stream of startElement, characters, and endElement
events.

>I love your approach.

Cool....

>It would be simple for me to implement.

Yup, it would be simple for anyone to implement.  That's
the beauty.

Thanks,
 Phil