[Fwd: Reminder From Scott Bradner - ID Summaries Due soon]

Scott & Bert -

The following Internet Draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sadler-gsmp-tdm-labels-00.txt

belongs in the GSMP working group.  This draft discusses the label
formats for SONET/SDH, PDH, and Optical services being setup using the
GSMP protocol.  This fits in the current GSMP charter stated at:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/gsmp-charter.html

under the section:

"Support for Optical and Other Extensions and CCAMP Features

"The architecture of some optical, TDM, spatial and other switch types
makes the ability to remotely control the connection state of a switch
important. GSMP has been designed especially for such remote control
operations. GSMP is, however, currently lacking in the specific
semantics necessary for switches with some new technologies,
especially in the optical space.  The WG will collect requirements
and define solutions to support optical and other new switching
technologies, compatibly with the common control and measurement
protocols WG (CCAMP) work. This work will be done in cooperation
with the other Sub IP Working groups involved in this area.

"The extensions will include definition of new instances of 'labels'
(for instance lambda identifiers) as needed, to support the usage in
the new technologies. They will also include definitions of port
types, of service definitions and of traffic parameters."

Warm Regards,

Jonathan Sadler