Re: [idn] Re: Fwd: Unicode letter ballot

Soobok Lee <lsb@postel.co.kr> writes:

> > > If option A wins, I see a chaos:
[...]
> But, Most homepages in east asia use local charset /encoding. And
> that requires localcharset<->unicode conversion that produces
> compatibility CJKs which will be further fed into nameprep.
> Korean IME produces compatiblity-CJK-equivalent KSX characters in
> interactive input session on the url bar in browsers.

Whether this would cause chaos is still questionable. First, I
understand that these are Chinese compatibility characters, so your
experience with Korean IME might not be relevant. The question is
rather whether users that use IMEs which produce CNS 11643 could enter
these characters, and whether they could also enter the
compatibility-normalized character instead.

[It appears that it will be hard to find an IME which supports the
full CNS 11643 repertoire in the first place].

In any case, the idea that incorrectly-normalized characters could
cause chaos seems unlikely.

> Yes. This issue is not new problem. We had already discussed . And
> concluded it is not a big problem. but, this instance of 5 chars
> seems to need serious decision that we had not expected, iMO.
> the pure possiblity become the reality.

What is the change here? Why is U+2F868 more real than U+F951?

Regards,
Martin