Re: [idn] IDN WG Last Call on two major changes to Stringprep

At 7:37 AM -0400 7/8/02, Edmon Chung wrote:
I dont quite understand why we need to have 3.
Isnt 3 a subset of 2?
No. There are many categories, not just R, AL, and L, as detailed in the Unicode standard.

. . . Why would both be displayed the same?
Read the Unicode standard for information on this.

Furthermore, the section for bidi in Nameprep should be updated to specify
that it is meant to say within a label there cannot be both RTL and LTR
characters
That's not true.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium