Re: [idn] Web navigation for IDN resolving

Dear Yves Arrouye:
         Thanks your descriptions.   I think this message  from Mr. YangWoo
Ko (newcat@spsoft.co.kr) is the key point:
I am still wondering what "looks like a domain name" means

> The DNS lookup happened *before* the string was URL-encoded and passed to
> Autosearch, which only happen after a failure.
          The ASCII Domain Name (even without dot) will be  put to do DNS
lookup first, but IDN domain name will not . The IDN  will be intercepted to
auto.search.msn.com  directly without doing DNS lookup.  That means the IDN
input with native coded string without http://  protocol head will be
interpreted as  "not a legal domain name"  by IE.
          The server of  Realname can not found these IDN in non contract
supporting, so it is an error for Realname or IDN resolving, but the return
error cause the halting of browser will disturb the further regular
processing of these UTF-8 IDN.   That is my understanding of these strange
processing to IDN .

L.M.Tseng