RE: [idn] Web navigation for IDN resolving

>      As I  know in Taiwan and China Area, the input Chinese character
> string
> with non-protocol-head in Chinese Domain name form  typed into input  bar
> of
> IE , the browser will intercept these string and convert it to a UTF-8 %nn
> string as one of parameters to auto.search.msn.com , then it will be
> passed
> to Realname's server. The server of Realname will convert the dotted IDN
> domain name to an UTF-8 form and re-post it in the input bar with an error
> reply to hold it in client.
>      The server of Realname never to do dns lookup and not try to  re-
> direct
> the client browser to do dns lookup in replied UTF-8 form.

The DNS lookup happened *before* the string was URL-encoded and passed to
Autosearch, which only happen after a failure. Please refer to
draft-arrouye-idn-ie5-resolution-00.txt. RealNames *does* provide resolution
services for IDNs on a contractual basis, and so far we resolve .com, .org,
.net, and .jp. IDNs typed with these TLDs will resolve using an ACE.

YA