[idn] Web navigation for IDN resolving

Dear Yves Arrouye:
     The following is the message from Mr. YangWoo Ko (newcat@spsoft.co.kr),
but something is not the same in our IE environments.
> yves corrected me that "if the address looks like a domain name,
> ie first does a dns lookup of the domain name after encoding it
> in UTF-8"
>
> thanks to yves.
>
> i am still worndering what "looks like a domain name" means.

     As I  know in Taiwan and China Area, the input Chinese character string
with non-protocol-head in Chinese Domain name form  typed into input  bar of
IE , the browser will intercept these string and convert it to a UTF-8 %nn
string as one of parameters to auto.search.msn.com , then it will be passed
to Realname's server. The server of Realname will convert the dotted IDN
domain name to an UTF-8 form and re-post it in the input bar with an error
reply to hold it in client.
     The server of Realname never to do dns lookup and not try to  re-direct
the client browser to do dns lookup in replied UTF-8 form.
     That is very strange , why MicroSoft/Realname do not support UTF-8 IDN
resolving  as she have proposed ?
In win2K system , the IE can not display all UTF-8 string in input bar of IE
, but it can passed it to resolver and resolve it correctly. Although we
know the cross visiting of different native language based web server will
caused some problems in relative addressed gif file  downloaded correctly
from visited web server, but it is work well in win2K.
     So, why RealName server suspend the redirection of client with re-post
UTF-8 IDN to stop win2K to do further resolving in client ?

Can you help me to understand it ?

L.M.Tseng