Re: [idn] Web navigation for IDN resolving

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Thomson" <bthomson@fm-net.ne.jp>

> With IE 6, I find that it's doing the DNS lookup in all three cases.

I have not tested with Japanese or English version of MS IE 6.0.
I have only Korean MS IE 6.0 (version 6.0.2600.00), and find it does not try dns lookup for "<ML>.com"
and "<ML>.<ML>.com" and just sends them into auto.search.msn.com. ( I had a debugging session with my name servers ). the
auto.search.msn.com/realnames receives those search queries and converts them
into ACE ones and answers with redirection requests for http://bq--???.mltbd.com.

For other TLDs like "<ML>.cc", the search engine responds with "not found" error  pages.