Re: Inputting mixed SC/TC (Re: [idn] A question...)

At 05:14 AM 2/10/2002 +0000, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
>Dave Crocker says that my reports of these facts---and the facts
>themselves---should be ignored because I've pointed out similar problems
>in a few other working groups.

Thank you Dan.  It always helps to see one's statements distorted so well.

>In fact, I
>tried the IETF appeals process many years ago, and found it to be a
>sham. As described in http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/namedroppers.html,

Indeed I do stand corrected.  Tough to imagine how this stellar exception
was missed, though of course Dan's assessment of the results is no
surprise.  After all, being respectful of contrary opinions and assessments
is difficult.

>  Antitrust law puts stringent requirements on the
>procedures used by standards organizations; the IETF procedures don't
>even come close to meeting those requirements.

And now Dan is trying to practise law.  How quaint.

For reference, folks, documentation of IETF procedures included
considerable legal review by folks actually qualified in that profession.

d/

ps.  and this is easily the last note from me on this matter, lest Dan be
permitted to drag things out further.

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464