[idn] Re: Unicode and Security

DougEwell2@cs.com scripsit:

> Let's keep going.  Latin Y, Greek Upsilon, Cyrillic U.  Wait a minute,
that
> Cyrillic U doesn't look *quite* the same.  Oh well, it's close enough,
right?

And then there's the Cyrillic U with the straight descender, whic
actually does look just like its Latin and Greek counterparts.
I guess we just can't afford to have two kinds of Cyrillic U around:
off with their heads (or tails)!

Unfortunately, there goes all those Turkic languages written in
Cyrillic.
Well, they should Romanize anyway.  In fact all languages should
Romanize:
it simplifies everything soooo much, and if we get rid of diacritics
while we're at at it.... well, the ASCII Consortium
(off-net, but cached in part at
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:IRueJQ1bA-4C:www.wholehog.fsnet.co.
uk/robert/ascii/+ASCII+Consortium&hl=en)
will find it a dream come true.  And there was much rejoicing.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
cowan@ccil.org