Re: [idn] Chinese Domain Name Consortium (CDNC) Declaration

Dave Crocker writes:
> we have moved from technical specification into analysis of human behavior

Wake up, Dave: Human behavior is a central issue. The whole point of
IDNs is to improve the user interface. IDNs are supposed to allow
_humans_ to see non-ASCII glyphs in domain names.

You say that the IETF is exceedingly bad at this. No argument there.

> In point of fact, this "attack" has been performed, presumably with
> some success.

You admit that some users have been fooled by domain names with similar
appearance, yet you continue to advocate that we allow domain names with
_identical_ appearance, names that can't be visually distinguished even
by the most careful reader. Wow.

---Dan