Re: [idn] Chinese Domain Name Consortium (CDNC) Declaration

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hoffman / IMC" <phoffman@imc.org>

> The message from CDNC says that the Traditional-Simplified problem
> for Chinese users cannot be solved by registration policy. This is
> not true, and many of the CDNC members who have come to IETF meetings
> know that. Of course, CDNC members would like to maximize their
> financial gain in registration, but the concern of the IETF is always
> towards helping users. There is a huge different between "cannot be
> solved" and "it will cost a small number of organizations a lot of
> money".

If you want talk about financial problem, let me correct it:
TC/SC solution(or registration solution ) will save user's money and cost registrar's money
DON'T do TC/SC will cost user's money and make money for registrar.
So what your comment is distorting fact.

And, Please give me a successiveful example of such registration solution.

> Due to the efforts of some CDNC members, the IETF is now well aware
> of the "2^n" variant problem that is unique to the use of Han
> characters in the Chinese language. Fortunately, using registration
> guidelines will solve the problem.

Who will follow this registration guideline? All administrators?

Regards.
Deng xiang