RE: [idn] Prohibit CDN code points

That's the case we perceived from the very beginning, that's why we keep emphasizing
this issue many times even come with various proposals. Unfortunately this issue
wasn't captured group consensus. This issue was categorized as a localization issue,
or application behavious issue. Finally, we were forced to set up other mechanism to
deal with CDN standardization process. (maybe IRNSS, or other layers).

> - Looking one level up, if ICANN decides to allow internationalized
> TLDs (as many of us hope they will), will Japan and Korea be forced
> to use unnatural spellings of their names? For how long?
>
> - There are tens of millions of Chinese people who do not live in
> China or Taiwan. Should those people be forced to register only in
> .tw or .cn in order to use their personal or company names?

Once CDN standards are completed, these will be distributed to global
Internet community.  ccTLD and gTLD can make their own decision. However,
since it's claimed CDN issue can be solved in registration policies, ccTLD
deployed proprietary CDN solutions is foreseeable.

> - What do Japanese and Koreans do if rendering their names
> phonetically is inexact? For example, homonyms are quite common in
> Japanese (I don't know about Korean), and the current proposal
> restricts people and companies to fighting to be first to register a
> phonetic homonym when there would be no fight for them using Han.

reverse this question, what do Chinese do if rendering their names
visually is inexact  ?  How we compare the degree of severity ?

Kenny Huang