Re: [idn] Determining equivalence in Unicode DNS names

Stuart,

draft-vrang-idn-cname-00.txt describes such a scheme in some detail.
It also tries to create a "canonical" collection of the problems you are
likely to encounter with such a scheme.

I'd like to see comments on disadvantages that were missed :-)

Note: DNAME is, at the moment, not a popular record in the DNS.
It creates MANY interesting problems; currently, most DNS people seem to be
in favour of declaring it useless for standards-track protocols.

                         Harald

--On mandag, januar 14, 2002 11:57:16 -0800 Stuart Cheshire