Re: [idn] IETF Notification of Patent Publication for WO 01/90955 A2

Hi Bill,

> We believe that many of the technologies being discussed in this
> mailing list infringe one or more of the claims starting at page 87
of the
> attached publication.  We would therefore like to propose that you
review
> these claims and contact us immediately with regard to obtaining a
license
> and/or authorized access to WorldNames "MLDNS" multilingual DNS
products and
> services described at the following website:

I am no lawyer, so perhaps you can assist me ...

I filed a patent application a while ago with almost nothing but just
a title and a very simple/general description on how to
internationalize domain names.  The Canada system is not as stringent
as U.S. and allows patent applications to be filed with almost no
substance and allows one to add things (ie. claims) later on... or
even file a second application and claim the priority date of the
first application.  Because of this I still have *not* submitted the
claims portion of my patent application.

Now that I can see that this WG has finally come to agree on the
technologies that will be submitted for approval, can you help me
write the claims portion of my patent so that I *too* can have the
technologies being discussed in this mailing list infringe on my
patent?

Thanks
Ben