[idn] IETF Notification of Patent Publication for WO 01/90955 A2

January 17, 2002

Internet Engineering Task Force				VIA E-MAIL TO:

	Re:	IETF Notification of Patent Publication for WO 01/90955 A2
		Our File No. 561401-9010

Dear Subscribers:

	Please accept my apologies for the poor formatting of my previous
message.  I was not aware that the hyperlinks would create so many problems
for various recipients.  Here is a second copy that should be easier to read
and includes a link to a concatenated copy of the patent.

	In accordance with Section 10 of the Internet Standards Process (RFC
2026), I am writing on behalf of .NU Domain and its affiliate WorldNames,
Inc. to notify you of the publication of World Intellectual Property
Organization International Publication No. WO 01/90955 A2 entitled
"Internationalized Domain Name System with Iterative Conversion."  A copy of
this document is available at the following website:

ftp://ftp.tkhr.com/WO0190955A2.pdf

	This patent application generally relates to a system, method, and
logic for managing data, including a database for implementing a key value
operation, such as a DNS resource record lookup, with a key having a
predetermined encoding, such as Unicode. Also provided is an iterative
converter for iteratively converting the key from each of multiple encodings
to the predetermined encoding before performing the key value operation with
each converted key.  The system may also include a validator for verifying
that a syntax of each converted key is valid and a normalizer for
normalizing each converted key.

	We believe that many of the technologies being discussed in this
mailing list infringe one or more of the claims starting at page 87 of the
attached publication.  We would therefore like to propose that you review
these claims and contact us immediately with regard to obtaining a license
and/or authorized access to WorldNames "MLDNS" multilingual DNS products and
services described at the following website:

http://www.worldnames.net/MLDNS/default.cfm

	Please note that failure to promptly obtain the appropriate
authorization may subject you and your organization to liability for
royalties in the U.S. as of the date that you receive this letter under 35
U.S.C. Section 154(d).  Once the application is granted, additional remedies
are also available including injunctions, treble damages, and attorney fees.
A variety of other presumptions and remedies may also be available in the
U.S. and abroad.

	If you believe that you have a defense to these allegations, such as
non-infringement or prior invention, then please provide us with additional
information to refute our allegations and avoid further involvement with
this matter.  Similarly, if you believe that any of the attached claims are
not patentable, then please bring them to our attention, along with any
relevant prior art, so that we may submit that information to the
appropriate patent offices.

	We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

William F. Heinze, Esq.*
Thomas, Kayden, Horstemeyer & Risley, L.L.P.
100 Galleria Parkway, N.W., Suite 1750
Atlanta, GA 30339-5948
Tel.:  (770) 933-9500
Fax:  (770) 951-0933
Profile:  http://www.tkhr.com/wfh.htm

*Admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.  Not admitted in
Georgia.

cc:  	Mr. James Seng, Co-Chair, idn Working Group, jseng@pobox.org.sg
	Mr. Marc Blanchet, Co-Chair, idn Working Group,
Marc.Blanchet@viagenie.qc.ca
	Mr. Erik Nordmark, Internet Area Director, nordmark@eng.sun.com
	Mr. Thomas Narten, Internet Area Director, narten@us.ibm.com
	Mr. John Klensin, Technical Advisor, klensin@jck.com