Re: some real life data

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
Of the users getting v6 only gif from non-tunnel-space, 58% were from Proxad (free.fr I believe), and then on the list came UNINET, SUNET, FUNET (university networks in .no, .se and .fi) and Hurricane electric.

98% of Teredo users run Windows XP.
88% of 6to4 users run Windows Vista.

Total OS breakdown (including also v4only) would be interesting to show the popularity of the OSes in your user base.

What would be interestesting to know the percentage of Vista, XP, Linux, .. (and other identifiable OSs) that were IPv6-capable?

In particular I'd be interested in Vista and Apple (various versions) percentages, as those enable some v6 transition mechanisms out of the box AFAIR.

I'm puzzled at why Vista users are not more prominent in Teredo count, but Nathan already wondered about the same thign as well, and also that the teredo counts for v6only were so low compared to 6to4. It smells as if something is not quite right somewhere.