RE: Evolution of the IP model - ICMP and MTUs

IMHO, this is taking too narrow a view. The case to be
avoided is *sustained* fragmentation at high data rates.
A little bit of fragmentation is OK as long as it can be
detected and tuned out asap. In some instances, that may
mean setting DF=0.

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com