Re: v6ops-nat64-pb-statement-req: Scoping and title

Thomas Narten  - Le 7/25/08 2:15 PM :
marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> writes:

I am assuming that NAT64=="v6 initiated communication" and
NAT46=="v4 initiated communication".

mmm, i think the term has evolved initially, i think that nat64
meant a new version of natpt but now we make a distinction between
nat64 and nat46 as you say we could expliclty state it this way in
the document if you think so

Yes. Clarity is good.
Indeed.

Note that, using RFC 2663's terminology,  the distinction is more precisely:
- NAT64: IPv6 internal side, IPv4 external side
- NAT46: IPv4 internal side, IPv6 external side

(NATs that do port forwarding support connections initiated from both
sides.)

Regards.

Rémi Després