Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

Le lundi 21 juillet 2008 23:02:28 Ralph Droms, vous avez écrit :
> Do you acknowledge that once the CPE router has obtained a delegated
> prefix it is no longer necessary for the WAN interface on the CPE
> router to be enabled for that delegated prefix to be used on the
> subscriber network?
>
> We'll have to agree to disagree about whether configuring the CPE
> router prior to any SP access is a corner case.

Setting up the DSL upstream can be a rather slow procedure if the signal level
on the line is close to the technical limits. Cable connections can sometime
just fail... and when they get up again, they might renumber. And what if the
upstream connection is down for so long that the GUA prefix times out?

As far as I can tell, provisioning a ULA always, regardless of the GUA is
actually simpler and less failure-prone.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/