Re: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

On 7/21/08 12:43 PM, "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <shemant@cisco.com> wrote:

> I have repeatedly said, I am not convinced the ULA gets appreciable complexity
> into the CPE Router. Our section 5.5.1 has clearly outlined any complexity and
> shown it's minimal.  The ULA fixes a very common problem for the CPE Router
> which is configuring the router without any SP access - the problem is not a
> corner case.

Hemant,

2 party communications in the presence of mixed ULA & GUA work ok, given
proper default address selection rules.

Multi-party communications *with* address referral do not work in the
general case in such a mixed environment, regardless of default address
selection.

  - Alain.