RE: New (-02) version of IPv6 CPE Router draft is available for review

Folks,

Here is a list of TBD items on our draft from the -02 version that
includes our responses till now.  As I said earlier, till it continues
to make sense, I will publish such a list every Friday (if the list has
changed) till all the requirements in the draft have gestated.

1. Reference RFC4605 in the mcast section because our proposal is
similar to RFC4605.  Need to give an example
   to Remi to show explicitly how mcast works in the CPE Router. The
example is not planned to be added to the draft.

2. Add IP addr assignment of global IPv6 addr from IA_PD to the
Unnumbered model (5.3.2) section. Also change some
   text in section 5 for IA_PD and this global address assignment.

3. Change text for Loopback interface that says "facing the WAN" - done.

4. Add to softwire section to track SNAT and dual-lite drafts and each
draft's gross requirements including the
   fact that dual-lite supports v4 in v6 encap and not softwire.

5. Any auto-detection, if possible, for DHCP vs. PPPOE for WAN.

6. Add placeholder for local proxy DNS server to draft to -03 version
and then complete this section in a later version.

7. Section 5.5 needs to add NTP option and any other options to pass to
hosts in the home.

8. For IA_PD addr to be assigned to Loopback, should we suggest
assigning prefix::1 to the WAN interface?

9. Tone down language for LAN hosts doing SLAAC vs. DHCPv6?

10. Add text to PPP section to mention that such links will also acquire
global IPv6 address using
    SLAAC or DHCPv6 or from IA_PD even though the section 5.3 of the
draft already mentions the same fact.
    This TBD makes the PPP section more clear.

11. Section 6, "Cascading of Routers behind the CPE Router" will add
text to say RIPng may be used
    in the home for routing across a cascaded router set in the home.
We have already changed the document
    to use RIPng and not RIPv6.  No other mention of routing for the
home is necessary and out of scope of our document.

12. May make sense to add a Reload section to the draft.  Need to get
back to the mailer on this one.

13. Fold in some text from RFC3633 for verifying of IA_PD prefix across
CPE Router reload, or WAN interface
    bounce.

14. Make a new sub-section called "Both Models" and move text from end
of section 5.3.2 to this new sub-section.
    Text may change for the new sub-section to align with the new
version of the draft.

Hemant