From: Mark Townsley (townsley)
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 12:44 PM
To: Stark, Barbara
Cc: Hemant Singh (shemant); Francois-Xavier Le Bail; Wes Beebee
(wbeebee); v6ops@ops.ietf.org; MILES DAVID
Subject: Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Barbara, please feel free to discuss IPv6 issues on this list freely. I
can only imagine that Hemant feels a bit overloaded with comments from a
number of places since the introduction of his draft document (which is
a good indicator that there is a lot of pent-up desire for work around
this topic). Note that his document is an individual submission at this
stage, not a product of the WG. If Hemant needs to step back a little,
that's OK, there are plenty of other people on this list with something
to say.

Hemant, I don't think David or I should be anointed as the central
source for collecting input on DSL requirements for a future v6ops
document. At some point, if v6ops creates a WG document on IPv6 CPE/RG
requirements, the editor(s) of that document will be responsible for
ensuring that WG consensus, achieved on this list, is recorded properly.

So, that means discussion happens on the list and the editors are only
recording what the WG ultimately wants to express, not the other way
around.

In the end, there might be a diversion between the RG requirements for
Cable vs. DSL vs. FTTH, etc, but I would hope these to be as congruent
and complimentary as possible - at least for all of the "fixed wire"
cases.

- Mark