RE: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

Oh, there is more confusion. Cable folks refer to a CPE as a host behind
a cable modem where the host is a Windows or Mac OS PC. That is why in
our draft we specifically refer in all places to a "CPE Router".  In
other worlds, I know CPE is also a generic term where the CPE means a
DSL, cable, or FIOS modem. The modems may also have such a router
embedded inside them but the box is still a CPE.

Our goal is to complete a document for a CPE Router that can be managed
by the Service Provider, or managed by the user, or the CPE Router may
be embedded in a broadband modem. We will see how the document evolves
after feedback.

It is good to nail down Terminology otherwise we'll be thrashing a lot
during discussion. Why not refer to the DSL or cable modem as the modem.
Refer to the host behind the modem as a host, and the standalone
Linksys-like router in the home as the CPE Router. Any router cascaded
behind the CPE Router is, of course, just a router.

Mobile is also not a good term for the home since Mobile reeks more of
cellular Mobile. In the home, the most common term I have heard of in
the US homes in wireless and WLAN. What do you mean this document is not
discussing wireless in the CPE Router? It's not this document's business
to discuss physical layer of wireless. WLAN is just another network for
the CPE Router to forward packets to and from

Hemant