Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

>> Even in this case, some software which is going to send a packet to the
>> network
>> from CPE, according to RFC3484 "Default Address Selection for IPv6",
>> there is a certain reason why the WAN I/F's IP address should be used as
>> its source address like follows.
>>  ---------------- from RFC3484 ----------------
>>  It is RECOMMENDED that the candidate source addresses be the set of
>>  unicast addresses assigned to the interface that will be used to send
>>  to the destination.  (The "outgoing" interface.)  On routers, the
>>  candidate set MAY include unicast addresses assigned to any interface
>>  that forwards packets, subject to the restrictions described below.
>
> What is the reason for this recommendation?

increased chance of path symmetry for one.
check the ipng thread from 1999 "simple source address selection".
e.g Message-Id: 	<v04204e00b34e3e78cc17@[171.69.116.90]>

if an implementation handles unnumbered links (links without global
addresses) or loopback interfaces then it has to implement the
semi-strong or weak host model. are there router implementation which
implements the strong host model?

/ot