Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Shin Miyakawa wrote:

I use that Vista is just as one example. The Strong Host Model is defined in RFC1122 or STD3. That's a standard.

But if it's a router (which I think is what is needed for a IPv6 CPE) then it should be able to act as one, and use loopback interfaces to source traffic.

So if MS is serious about Vista being capable of acting a router/home gateway, then they should include capabilties needed for such a device. Sourcing traffic from loopback interfaces is important for a router.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se