Re: new draft on IPv6 CPE router available for review

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:14:22 -0400, "Wes Beebee (wbeebee)"

<wbeebee@cisco.com> wrote:

> Please review this draft.

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-ipv6-cpe-router-00.txt

Section 6.1 seems to be a reinvention of RFC4605. I am also confused as to

how multicast should be forwarded (or not) between the multiple LAN

interfaces, if there are more than one.

Also, IMHO, the document lacks (adequate) guidance on the chaining of CPEs.

This is a real life problem, which in IPv4 is typically "solved" through

layering of NATs. It might not be wise to ignore the issue in IPv6. I guess

one solution is to have the CPE revert to bridging (but loops may occur),

while another solution is to _mandate_ support for prefix sub-delegation.

--

Rémi Denis-Courmont

http://www.remlab.net