Re: Tunnel-to-NAT scenario

On 17 jun 2008, at 23:45, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

The actual packet mangling should be simple
enough, the problem is that the client can't express the IPv6
destination in an IPv4 packet without modifications to the IPv4 client (and those modifications would be unlikely to work through middleboxes).

That's why you go to a traditional v4-to-v4 NAT at the boundary.
No new mangling code is needed. From the v4 point of view this
is bog standard NAPT with configured port mapping.

So if you're an IPv4 client and I'm an IPv6 server with address 2001:db8:31::1, what do you put in the destination address of the IPv4 packets you send to me?