Re: One socket per AF (Was: 6to4 using ::FFFF:0000:0000/96...)

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 28 jan 2008, at 14:50, Jeroen Massar wrote:

Jeroen, I'm not quoting your message, because it doesn't make any sense to me.

Then read it again and quote what is not understood.

What I was saying is that it's important to be able to do this, which I've lifted from the getnameinfo() and getaddrinfo() socket call manpages on my Mac with some minimal changes.

Which is in my message:

Please read:
http://www.kame.net/newsletter/19980604/
http://gsyc.escet.urjc.es/~eva/IPv6-web/ipv6.html

Note that the first document is nearly TEN (that is 10) years old already. The second one by Eva definitely should be able to let any programmer understand how easy it is to write a perfectly fine socket program.

As I mentioned also, *clients*, thus code that uses connect(), are really easy to code. Servers though, thus code that uses listen(), are not so, as one will need to use multiple sockets.

Greets,
 Jeroen