Re: More CPE

Hi Miguel,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:23:07 +0100
"Miguel A. Diaz" <miguelangel.diaz@consulintel.es> wrote:

> [...]

Another thought I've had is SOHO users might be interested in being
dual homed to the same upstream ISP. So at least 2 /64s would have to
be reserved and avoided out of the customers /48. I don't think we
can reserve the first two, as I'm pretty sure people will commonly
number their first subnet number one.

The first and last subnets might be ok, although renumbering the last
subnet of a /56 to the last subnet of a /48 if the customers prefix
length is shortened is something that probably would need to be done for
consistency. People are likely to forget subnet 0x00ff out of their /48
is taken if it isn't renumbered.

Regards,
Mark.