Re: More CPE

On Jan 10, 2008, at 01:54, Miguel A. Diaz wrote:

If both RA and DHPCPv6 are setup in the WAN port, the ISP has to manage two prefix pools: one for the point-to-point link (RA) and the other one for the delegated prefix (usually /48).

And, this is difficult why? Everyone at the ISP has only one finger— so, therefore, they're unable to count up to two?

That can be avoided by...

I think you skipped a step. I don't understand why you want to spend any effort avoiding this "problem" when the "solution" seems to pose a whole passle of other, new and interesting problems, i.e. how to delegate a fractional prefix to a customer, i.e. "all these addresses belong to you, except this /64... ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE!"

--
james woodyatt <jhw@apple.com>
member of technical staff, communications engineering