RE: Question on DS-TE (solution) draft: How can I prevent preempt ion of a connection ?

Hi Francois,

<snip ...Please refer to the last e-mail in this thread
for context..>

> 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 talk about preemption in the context of
> DS-TE. They will
> need to be updated to reflect our SLC agreement that we should allow
> different CTs to use the same preemption.
> The objective of the preemption section is to (i) not
> redefine preemption
> and (ii) just clarify how it plays in the context of DS-TE.
> With this in
> mind (and taking into account the update mentioned just
> before), what would
> you suggest we add?

 Besides what we discussed (in previous e-mails), it may be helpful
 to clarify:
	1. The max number of setup priorities that can be supported
	and its effect on the max number of classTypes.
	2. Whether the number of preemption priorities supported for
	each CT have to same ?
	3. How does the holding priority fits in to the picture ?
	4. An example that illustrates under what condition one
	connection with Ctx,Py can preempt CTm, Pn

 Since you are in the process of analyzing the updated DS-TE
 approach, here are is another thought:

 	1. Currently, user has to configures, what gets adv. in IGP.
	  i.e  i--> [class-type, priority]
	2.Should also be allowed to configure how the class-type
	 (bandwidth pool) gets identified from signaling messages ?

	  Choices:
			(a) Explicit signaling of ClassType (BW pool
			identifier) -if supported

			(b) Implicitly infer the ClassType from an
			existing construct. For example:
				(i) setup priority (/holding priority ??)
				(ii)PSC
			[Based on user's configuration]
Thanks,
sanjay