RE: Question on DS-TE (solution) draft: How can I prevent preempt ion of a connection ?

Sanjay,

At 17:21 20/12/2001 -0500, Choudhury, Sanjaya wrote:

>Hi Francois,

makes sense. I was working on the new draft Yesterday and I think I have
some text addressing the above clarifications. Please check it out when we
post the next version to see if that's good enough..

>  Since you are in the process of analyzing the updated DS-TE
>  approach, here are is another thought:
>
>         1. Currently, user has to configures, what gets adv. in IGP.
>           i.e  i--> [class-type, priority]
>         2.Should also be allowed to configure how the class-type
>         (bandwidth pool) gets identified from signaling messages ?
>
>           Choices:
>                         (a) Explicit signaling of ClassType (BW pool
>                         identifier) -if supported
>
>                         (b) Implicitly infer the ClassType from an
>                         existing construct. For example:
>                                 (i) setup priority (/holding priority ??)
>                                 (ii)PSC
>                         [Based on user's configuration]

After some thinking, I am leaning towards (a) because:
         - more "natural" : we now really need to signal both preemption +
CT (can no longer infer CT from preemption). We have an existing way to
signal preemption. Let's just add a way to signal CT.
         - compatible with setup + holding priority concepts which we are
trying to keep
         - leaves existing signaling of preemption untouched

Again thanks for your thoughts.

Francois

>Thanks,
>sanjay
>

><snip ...>

My Mobile Phone number has changed to +33 (0)6 19 98 50 90
Francois Le Faucheur
Development Engineer, IOS Layer 3 Services
Cisco Systems
Office Phone:          +33 4 97 23 26 19
Mobile :               +33 6 19 98 50 90
Fax:                   +33 4 97 23 26 26
Email:                 flefauch@cisco.com
Cisco Systems
Domaine Green Side
400, Avenue de Roumanille