RE: Alternative to draft-ash-mpls-diffserv-te-class-types-00.txt ?

Sanjay,

See responses below.

Thanks,
Jerry

>The draft assumes that if one supports 4 DS classes
>and 4 preemption priorities, one has to define 4 x 4 = 16
>"Class Types". But one does not have to. Just signal
>the DS class & preemption priority (as separate TLVs).

It is more than a matter of signaling the CT parameters.  CT defines a
bandwidth allocation concept, in which services are assigned to the
different CTs and links have bandwidth allocated by CT.  Available CT
bandwidth is (probably) going to be signaled/flooded for each link (e.g.,
with LSA extensions).  I don't think one could do dynamic mapping of
services to CTs, in which there are (to use your example) 16 possibilities
but we only use a few at random (say 3 or 4).  I don't know how the
bandwidth allocation would work for such a scheme.

>If a LSP with DS class = EF, Setup Priority = 2 & Holding
>Priority = 2, is signaled, all the LSRs (in SP1 or SP2)
>are expected to treat the LSP in a similar way! I still
>don't see a interoperability problem.

Same problem as above, don't know how you do a dynamic mapping of services
to CTs and keep the bandwidth allocation coherent, especially across SP
boundaries.