Alternative to draft-ash-mpls-diffserv-te-class-types-00.txt ?

Hi! As far as I understand, this draft attempts to combine
multitude of user traffic requirements (DiffServ class, CAC,
preemption priorities...) into one logical construct by
introducing (/building on) the concept of Class-Type.

Personally, I feel the same goal can be achieved, without
introducing a new concept.

My primary concerns, with the proposed solutions are:
	1. The proposed solution builds on the concept
	of Class-Type, which is based on a _one of the_
	solutions to DS-TE.
		a. Personally, I think the concept of
		Class-Type some how crept into the DS-TE-REQTS
		draft from one of the DS-TE solutions.

		b. From the recent posting, I sense that the
		new revision of DS-TE-REQTS will remove the
		Class-Type as a requirement.

		c. The draft under discussion, itself indicates
		that there are better alternatives to solve the
		IGP scalability problem without introducing
		Class-Type. [ex: Per-Class BW accounting /
		IGP-ALTERNATIVES/the upcoming 'unified' DS-TE
		approach(?)]

	2. This draft attempts to standardize the different
	user requirements into 6 Class Types, based on current
	experience.
		a. User's requirement may not fit into one of
		predefined 6 Class-Types

		b. I am not sure whether, this information need
		to be standardized. [Service Provider-1's "Gold
		Service" may be same as Service Provide-2's
		"Bronze Service -and it does not matter!]

Alternative:
------------
	Scalability:
	~~~~~~~~~~~
	The DS-TE scalability issue can be handled by the some
	of the existing DS-TE proposals (kompella,ash,boyel..)

	User friendly specification of traffic parameters:
	One can always define a MIB table, inline with ATM's UPC
	contract tables.

	In this approach, user can define a _named_ template, that
	captures traffic characteristics like (as defined in the
	draft):
		a. DiffServ/queueing priority Pubs
		b. QoS classes (?)
		c. MPLS/CAC priority classes
		d. restoration priority classes
		e. preemption priority classes

	This allows the user to define his own "Class-Type",
	from the individual parameters.

Thanks,
sanjay