RE: Issues in draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-reqts-02.txt

Hi,

> In Section 3.4 it says:
>
> "In other words, DS-TE must offer eight(8) preemption
> priority levels to be
> used by an LSP, that are completely orthogonal to that any other LSP's
> attributes (eg LSP's OA, LSP's Class Type, etc.)."
>
> The utility of the concept of preemption being orthogonal to CT is not
> clear.  If each CT is assigned one preemption level only, it
> appears that
> such concept is no longer necessary.  A one-to-one mapping
> between CT and
> preemption level does not preclude the possibility that some
> related CTs may
> be grouped together, as discussed in Issue 3.  We propose
> that the statement
> of orthogonality be removed.

Could you please point out to where, in this draft, it is stated that "each CT is assigned one preemption level only"? I think this is stated in the te-proto draft, which should actually follow the requirement draft not vice versa.

Since the Orthogonality is not that clear to some people, I suggest changing it to "independence" as following:

"In other words, DS-TE must offer eight(8) preemption priority levels
 to be used by an LSP, that are completely independent to any
 other  attributes of that LSP(eg LSP's OA, LSP's Class Type, etc.)"

Yours,
-Shahram