Re: TE Requirements Draft - ELSP

At 13:38 16/11/2001 -0500, Jim Boyle wrote:

>Francois - if your question is:
>
>-----------------------
>Would service providers wish to potentially send more than one, OA down an
>E-LSP, which makes use of class-type specific routing information?
>-----------------------
>
>The answer is yes.
>
>Picking on poor voice, one OA might be signalling traffic, one might be
>VoIP data.  They might go into different queues.  They might not need to
>be on seperate LSPs.

I am still struggling to picture a whole deployment scenario:
in this example would you assume that :
         (i) a path has been computed separately for voice sig and voice
flows (each with a separate bw requirements and potential differnet
bandwidth constrainta/CT). In that case, I feel that it woudl be simpler to
just put those on differnet LSPs. no?
         (ii) a path has been computed for one of the two , say voice-flows
(based on the voice-flow bandwidth requirements and using the voice-flow
bandwidth constraint/CT). In that case, why woudl you want to send the
voice sig on that tunnel? why not sent it on its SPF? sending voice-sig on
the tunnel routed for voice flow will just result in potentially sending on
a longer-than-SPF path which you have no idea whether it is actually better
or worse than the SPF-path considreing teh voice-sig resources (which are
independent from teh voice flow resources). In other words, if I only do
CSPF for one OA, I woudl personnaly be inclined to send the other OA on an
SPF-LSP rather than on that CSPF LSP because it has just as many chances of
making it worse than making it better. no?

Thanks

Francois