Re: TE Requirements Draft - ELSP

David,

I hope you are not suggesting that the standards not talk about
E-LSP just because some platforms cannot support it!

The way the requirements read today, it PRECLUDES folks who
are E-LSP capable from utilizing DS-TE.

The DS-TE requirement needs to be written in such a way that all
options are possible:

1. It should allow use with L-LSP only,
2. It should allow use with E-LSP only
3. It should allow use with networks that deploy both L-LSP and E-LSP

The mpls-diffserv-09 draft has just been approved as a proposed
standard in the MPLS WG. It would appear to me that DS-TE should
be consistent with this soon-to-be-rfc. It clearly highlights
E-LSP as a viable option.

Best,
Nabil