Re: One question about topology change in optical networks

Haisang,
My colleagues and I have a paper that addresses a similar issue for the IP
networks. We detail a policy for LSP setup which is traffic-driven. You
can obtain the paper from
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~jau/QoS-Project/index-publications.html

Tricha Anjali

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Haisang Wu wrote:

> Hi, all:
>   I need some kind advice and help in Optical Traffic Engineering.
>
>   In MPLmS Traffic Engineering, underlying resource can be adjusted
> so as to allow providers to change a network topology in response
> to changing traffic patterns. In this case routers or other devices
> that need to interoperate are connected in many ways. It's a bit
> like a highway system where you can add and remove roads at will.
>   My question is, has this approach been deployed in ISPs or has any
> R&D been conducted on this? Where could I find some articles about
> related algorithms and methods?
>   Thank you very much .
>
> Best
> Haisang