QoS in Shared Media

Hi All

  I have a doubt regarding "QoS in Shared Media".  I don't
  know how much this is applicable to this discussion list :-)

  But anyway, I am hearing about 40/10(OC768) Gig Ethernet
  evolution. If not at the core, these technologies may be
  at the enterprise/access networks(?).

  Moreover, The QoS issue is especially interesting over
  wireless access networks as they are likely to be bottlenecks
  (compared to wireline links) and they are often shared
  media (e.g., wire­ less LANs). Providing service
  differentiation on shared media  is  difficult  due  to
  the risk of collisions between packets of different priority.

  * So, first, Is MPLS useful/applicable to these technologies?

  * If so, how the present singling protocols (RSVP/CR-LDP) or
    diffserv TE extended protocols will take care of this?
    As far as I know, classical RSVP is designed for such goals
    and ofcourse, present IP routing protocols also runs
    on such shared media, P2P and NBMA environments.

  * In a simple environment Ethernet -> ATM/NBMA -> Ethernet
    How resource reservation takes place and is there something
    more the present signaling/routing protocols need to do
    for QoS guaranties.

  I didn't find anything useful in TE-WG drafts!
  Is that I am missing something?

Thanks & Regards
--Venkata Naidu